Volume 14, Number 10 - October 2005
Table of Contents:
On the Cover:
- State's School Construction Costs Soaring
- Critics: Climate Commission Might Not Strike Balance
- Budget Funds State Internet Authority That Was to Expire
- Two N.C. Congressmen Criticize Federal Response to Katrina
- Is Child Care in N.C. a Crisis or a Conundrum?
- Will Teacher 'Double Dip' Rules Exacerbate Teacher Shortage?
- UNC Board Nomination Process Under Fire
- Edwards Outlines Center Plans
- Lack of 'Automobility' Key to N.O. Tragedy
- New Law Overrides Verdict on Concealing Working Papers
The Learning Curve:
- Locke Foundation Launches North Carolina History Project
- Review: Christopher Hitchens' "Thomas Jefferson"
- Richard Wagner: Two Americas Revealed
- Marc Rotterman: Bush in the Eye of a Political Storm
- John Hood: Building Schools a New Way
- Michael Walden: There is Good News on Prices
- Why is the NCAA Silent About All Those 'Fighting Scots'?
Download PDF file: Carolina Journal - Volume 14, Number 10 (2.27 mb)