Volume 15, Number 2 - February 2006
Table of Contents:
On the Cover:
- Parents Protest Elite School's Seminar on Gays
- Fifty Gay & Lesbian Alliance Clubs Exist at NC Schools
- Salisbury Attorney Calls for Repeal of State Gas-Tax Increase
- State House Begins Post-Kelo Review of Eminent Domain
- Federal Grand Jury Indicts Ferry Division Director Jerry Gaskill
- Kakadelis Commentary: School-Choice Fight Heats Up
- Charter Backers Gear Up for Lottery Fund Chase
- Expensive Student-Info Software Riddled With Problems
- Bowles Takes Over Reins as UNC President
- Study: Many Campuses Get 'F' in Fostering Intellectual Diversity
- Renovated Dorm Uses 'Green' Heating
- Leef Commentary: How Literate Are Americans?
- Sanders Commentary: The Art of the Deal
- Pope Center, FIRE Find Free Speech in Jeopardy on UNC's Campuses
- Commentary: UNC Should Pay Closer Attention to First Amendment
- Report Documents Growth in Cost of Government
- Adams Commentary: Annual 'Numbers' Report
- Locke Report Says Asheville Civic Center Should Be Sold
- Winter Beach-Maintenance Work Hampered By Demand
The Learning Curve:
- Book Review: Winston S. Churchill III's "Memories and Adventures"
- Book Review: Jimmy Carter's "Our Endangered Values"
- Book Review: Phyllis Chesler's "The Death of Feminism"
- Kickler Commentary: Lunsford Lane: Enrepreneurial Pioneer Succeeded Despite Slavery
- Wagner Commentary: Media, Heal Thyself!
- Editorial: Pick Six and Win Easley's Job
- Editorial: Setting Our Top Priorities
- Editorial: The Left's Dismal Worldview
- Hood Commentary: A Cudgel for Country Music
- Walden Commentary: Putting a Crystal Ball to the Job Market
- Rotterman Commentary: An Erudite and Eloquent Reagan Goes Against Media Portrayal
- Letters to the Editor
- 'Happy Trails' Tour Shows Where Highway Money Goes (a CJ parody)
Download PDF file: Carolina Journal - Volume 15, Number 2 (2.74 mb)